Dealer HD Software Developers create the web-based products that Dealer HD sells and maintain the Dealer HD RIMS System for online automotive dealership management.
An average day will consist of monitoring system stability, maintaining existing system infrastructure, including bug fixes and code optimizations, implementing major new features and feature improvements and researching industry trends and technology.
Software Developers work with the Software Development Director on a daily basis, and with the Product Development Director, Account Managers and Web Designers on an as needed basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Exceptional debugging skills and the ability to easily and quickly read and modify existing code
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Thorough understanding of HTML, CSS and XML
- Understanding of Database Design techniques
- Ability to complete projects independently
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience
Additional desired skills:
- Experience with JQuery, the Dojo Framework, Actionscript and E-Commerce
- Understanding of working in an environment based on instant electronic communications
- Ability to express code usage in terms understandable by a person without a programming background
- Understanding of user interface design
- Experience with versioning systems